Monday, February 2, 2009

Land of the White?

Well, I flew in on my very long flight. What did I see out of my windows?
Rain?
Green?
Nope. I saw white. Snow.


It started flurying on the bus that took us all to our apartments: my very first snow fall; in Ireland.



We got a short tour of the campus by one of our incredibly cute directors. However, I don't remember being that cold up to that point, so that was void from my mind.


We took what I was told would be a quick ten minute walk to the Omni-Center. Which is this shopping mall that has a tiny food court, some clothing stores, a cell phone store (very handy), and a Safeway and JCPenny's-like stores. I was able to get cheap towel (that lived up to their cheapness), and bed sheets. However, it is so beyond weird having only a duvet and no bed sheets besides the cover underneath it. I've already taken a refreshing nap today, seeing as how I've gotten no sleep the last three days.
On our way back from the Omni-centre (which was more like a twenty-minute walk), six of us decided to walk back instead of waiting for the bus.



It decided to flurry. And then it started to downpour. My hair was drenched and my peacoat covered in almost all white snow.


After the nap and a refreshing shower (where the towels disproved their loyalty to me), several of us went down to the nearest bar and I ordered my first Guiness!!!


That's right, I am no lonnger a Guiness virgin. However, I think a half-pint is good enough for me.
I prefer cider.
My roommates: are guys. And that was awkward. Well, one was realy awkward (of course the attractive one). And the other that I met was really nice!
Everyone here is baffled by this ominous weather. I'm not much of a fan of snow, so I can't wait for the week to be overwith and the snow with it!
I have orientation pretty much all day for the next three days, so I'll check back in when something truly exciting happens.


6 comments:

  1. YAY this blog is really fun. I love seeing the blow by blow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way its liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the blog pics but next time take a pic of the pub sign as you go in, it will give Colton a reference of were you may be at in reference to Dublin city. I am guessing you were not at the Gravity bar. It's great that you are adapting so quickly and I am sure you will have an awesome time, knowing you and your spirit of adventure you will make the most of it. Love you and I know you like movie references so "Make Good Choices".

    P.S. - Let us know what time AZ. or Dublin will work best to try out the internet phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my girl! Experiencing snow and a beer. Have fun, study, and be safe. Make sure to take pictures of your housing and the school. Can't wait to hear about all the things you will see and the experiences that you will have. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha nice getting to the bars quickly I see. Hey if you see anything that says O'Reilly take a picture. And make sure you Study! hahaha.

    Tomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, have a wonderful time. Love the pics, love the comments, soak up everything you can!! Take care of yourself.
    Love you,
    Judy & Barry

    ReplyDelete