Sunday, February 15, 2009

Galway Girl

My new favorite place to be in the world: Galway Ireland.
When we first got off our FIVE AND A HALF HOUR BUD RIDE; we went to our hostel (my very first!) and checked into our room (ten bunks of girls, one poor Italian girl had to share with six loud, American girls).


We went out to several pubs, but mostly all weekend we drank at The Kings Head, probably Galway's most famous bar.
Then we went over for a little while to "Central Perk" (we would), to have the most delicious shot ever!!! Butterball: Bailey's and Butterscotch Schnopfs (sorry for the new-drinker-spelling).
Saturday we woke up early to go on our Bus Guided Tour!!!
Here's most of the group, minus, like, five people (including myself because I'm taking it).
As we drove throughout the Burren, we stopped for ten minutes to take a picture of this beautiful castle, the Dunguaire Castle.
As we drove to get to various location throughout the west of Ireland, we all commented how this side of the country is what we think Ireland looks like when we think of the country.
It was beyond the words of beautiful:


We stopped near the town of Doolin to look at their cliffs and got some great pictures of the water and the crazy rock formations.


We ate here for lunch, in case you wanted to know my every movement...
My favorite part of the tour: The Cliffs of Moher.
The most amazing site to ever see!

Now, please enjoy the pictures:

Yes, that is a sign for the memory of the average ten a year deaths on the cliffs, with a warning sign not to go past that sign, with the most of the guests of the cliffs beyond that point (myself included)...





More amazing countryside:
One of our last stops was the Paulnabrone Dolmen Stone: a tomb for those-we-are-not-sure-of:
this is the city of Galway; please note the amazing streets and the fabulously cute buildings.
Oh, it is love.

Before we departed onward back to Dublin, we stopped at this cute bar/restaurant for breakfast.
I ate the most delicious yogurt with granola, bananas, and melons.
Well folks. I'll be in Cork this next weekend.

Phrase of the Blog:
It's gas: It's cool/ awesome.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Katie, I feel like I am there with you. You are taking some great pics and the commentary is phenominal!! Do you arrange for your trips or are these through the school? Have lots of fun and enjoy your classes! If you get a chance take some pics of interesting doors for me. I would love to have a gallery of doors. I didn't get to do much of that when in Italy. Take care.
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I agree with you Katie the cliffs are absolutely beautiful. I did get to see the White Cliffs of Dover flying in to England and that is fabulous as well. How exciting this is!
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    The senery is awesome. Great blogging. You have excided my expectations of what I thought this whole blogging thing was about.
    We only finish with 13 laps of our 24 hour mt. bike race this weekend, had some mechanicala nd health issues with some of the boys but hey it didn't rain or snow and it only got down to 32 at night.

    Love all learning and fun you are having. Wish I could come visit for a few days.

    Love you and be safe,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Katie!
    Those are some picturesque views! I am so happy for you, I can see your smile from here.
    Have a great time and thanks for blogging, it is good follow your globe-trotting!

    Ashley, Jacob and I are doing fine. We miss you BigRED!

    Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie here is a message from Tim, he is having a problem trying to post a comment to you so he asked me to do it.
    "Katie", it's your Godfather here! Great photos and descriptions! I have been talking up your adventures with my listening audience! Have fun and stay safe!
    The Godfather, aka Tim Barrett (Chlupsa)

    ReplyDelete