Monday, March 2, 2009

This Beautiful City of Dooblin

I wanted to start off answering the questions I've been receiving in my comments (which, I love the comments; thank you).
Classes are really hard. I love my literature classes but I have, like, 200 pages to read a week for two classes. And procrastinator Katie hasn't even started reading for one of her other classes. Partly because we've been watching movies for that class. However, I was supposed to start on it last week, but I was kind of lazy.
In my monsters class (the one with the french teacher who has turned out to be kind of a creeper and thinks he's funny, but he's not), we watched the Magdalene Sisters (a depressing movie about the "catholic" houses that held girls who were either raped [their fault, of course], too pretty for society [yes, based on a true story], or had babies out of wedlock) and The Butcher Boy (a movie where you think it's about nothing the entire time, just some kid who's a little mental; then all of a sudden you see this ten year old shooting a gun in a womans head and slicing her up).
Both are horrible movies.
My next adventure this weekend is going to London, baby! I'm actually incredibly excited! THis will be the second country that I've been to my entire life (unless you count Mexico, which I don't since I basically live there). We plan all of these trips with each other, not through our program. However, we do have two weekend excursions (West Ireland and Northern Ireland) through CIEE.
For Spring Break (reading week), I'm going to go to Barcelona for four days and then I bought my plane tickets tonight for Brussels for three days right after. Then in April, some of us are going to Venice for three days. Then in May, we've decided to go to Paris. Then, I'll be flat broke, but so worth it, am I right?!
This past Friday, my friend Ashley and I went to St. Patrick's Cathdral!
I wish the following photograph's could covey how beautiful the architecture and and stain glass windows are! Enjoy:

One of the many statues of St. Patrick:Imagine sitting on that for an hour or two...
I loved the tile in this place.

This is the LECTOR STAND!!!!
And I finished off the day, skipping lunch to purchase this deliciousness, with Apple Crumple for this quaint place called Queen of Tarts.
Until next week when I talk about LONDON!

Work of the Blog:
Wellies: Rain Boots

6 comments:

  1. Hey there Katie:

    You are seeing some spectacular history. I imagine the tile is actually mosaic.

    I'm off to Israel tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that lectern is taller than University Lutheran's roof. Ha.

    By the way, Paris is really expensive, so save your money! See the Louvre if you can...you won't be able to get through all of it, but it's soo worth it!

    Aiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katie, how much fun are you having!!! Great pics once again. Loved the stained glass windows and I agree with you the tile floors are marvelous. I saw some really neat ones at the Vatican. Your upcoming trips sound great, even though its fun its still learning and seeing history at its best. Don't forget to study hard, although I must say those movies you had to watch sound gross!! Yuck, I would tell them I don't plan to do that kind of writing, tee hee!! Well my dear take care, have fun, study hard, and enjoy enjoy!!!!
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Just have to tell you, Venice is beautiful! Lots of fabulous homes to photograph. Very expensive to ride the Gondolas so skip them and take the ferries and of course you will walk walk but beautiful nonetheless!! Enjoy.
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. More pictures of Food Please. Well it continues look like a place we need to visit in the future. You have captured the senic surrounds very well. Have fun and enjoy all your explots and Learn, Learn, Learn. Like leger Stecker has always said you can't put a price on an education. Budget your mant and make good choices (Freaky Friday).

    Love you
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I have to say - the guy from the Netherlands is a HOTTIE. The kitty pic was my fav of course, but I loved the shot of you at the cliffs. One cannot have toooo much fun, so go for it...

    ReplyDelete